Delta Electronics CNCSoft ScreenEditor
ICSA： ICS Advisory (ICSA-21-124-02)
厂商： Delta Electronics
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CVSS v3 7.8
- ATTENTION: Exploitable remotely/low attack complexity
- Vendor: Delta Electronics
- Equipment: CNCSoft ScreenEditor
- Vulnerability: Out-of-bounds Write
2. RISK EVALUATION
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability could crash the device, and an out-of-bounds write may allow remote code execution.
3. TECHNICAL DETAILS
3.1 AFFECTED PRODUCTS
The following versions of CNCSoft ScreenEditor, a software management platform, are affected:
- CNCSoft ScreenEditor versions prior to v1.01.28
3.2 VULNERABILITY OVERVIEW
An out-of-bounds write vulnerability exists and could cause the corruption of data, a denial-of-service condition, or allow code execution. The vulnerability may allow an attacker to remotely execute arbitrary code.
- CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE SECTORS: Critical Manufacturing
- COUNTRIES/AREAS DEPLOYED: Worldwide
- COMPANY HEADQUARTERS LOCATION: Taiwan
Kimiya, working with Trend Micro Zero’s Day Initiative, reported this vulnerability to CISA.
Delta Electronics has released an updated version of CNCSoft ScreenEditor and recommends users install update v1.01.30 on all affected systems.
Delta Electronics also recommends users restrict the interaction of the application to trusted files.
CISA recommends users take the following measures to protect themselves from social engineering attacks:
- Do not click web links or open unsolicited attachments in email messages.
- Refer to Recognizing and Avoiding Email Scams for more information on avoiding email scams.
- Refer to Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks for more information on social engineering attacks.
CISA reminds organizations to perform proper impact analysis and risk assessment prior to deploying defensive measures.
CISA also provides a section for control systems security recommended practices on the ICS webpage on us-cert.cisa.gov. Several recommended practices are available for reading and download, including Improving Industrial Control Systems Cybersecurity with Defense-in-Depth Strategies.
Additional mitigation guidance and recommended practices are publicly available on the ICS webpage on us-cert.cisa.gov in the Technical Information Paper, ICS-TIP-12-146-01B--Targeted Cyber Intrusion Detection and Mitigation Strategies.
Organizations observing any suspected malicious activity should follow their established internal procedures and report their findings to CISA for tracking and correlation against other incidents.
No known public exploits specifically target this vulnerability.