Johnson Controls Exacq Technologies exacqVision
ICSA： ICS Advisory (ICSA-21-077-01)
厂商： Exacq Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Johnson Controls
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CVSS v3 5.3
- ATTENTION: Exploitable remotely/low skill level to exploit
- Vendor: Exacq Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Johnson Controls
- Equipment: exacqVision
- Vulnerability: Information Exposure
2. RISK EVALUATION
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability could allow an unauthenticated attacker to view system-level information about the exacqVision Web Service and the operating system.
3. TECHNICAL DETAILS
3.1 AFFECTED PRODUCTS
Johnson Controls reports the vulnerability affects the following Exacq Technologies products:
- exacqVision Web Service: All supported versions up to and including v20.12.02.0
3.2 VULNERABILITY OVERVIEW
exacqVision Web Service can expose sensitive information to an actor who is not explicitly authorized to have access to that information.
- CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE SECTORS: Critical Manufacturing
- COUNTRIES/AREAS DEPLOYED: Worldwide
- COMPANY HEADQUARTERS LOCATION: Ireland
Milan Kyselica reported this vulnerability to Johnson Controls, Inc.
Johnson Controls recommends users upgrade exacqVision Web Service to v21.03 or higher.
For more detailed mitigation instructions, please see Johnson Controls Product Security Advisory JCI-PSA-2021-03.
CISA recommends users take defensive measures to minimize the risk of exploitation of this vulnerability. Specifically, users should:
- Minimize network exposure for all control system devices and/or systems, and ensure that they are not accessible from the Internet.
- Locate control system networks and remote devices behind firewalls, and isolate them from the business network.
- When remote access is required, use secure methods, such as Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), recognizing VPNs may have vulnerabilities and should be updated to the most current version available. Also recognize VPN is only as secure as the connected devices.
CISA reminds organizations to perform proper impact analysis and risk assessment prior to deploying defensive measures.
CISA also provides a section for control systems security recommended practices on the ICS webpage on us-cert.cisa.gov. Several recommended practices are available for reading and download, including Improving Industrial Control Systems Cybersecurity with Defense-in-Depth Strategies.
Additional mitigation guidance and recommended practices are publicly available on the ICS webpage on us-cert.cisa.gov in the Technical Information Paper, ICS-TIP-12-146-01B--Targeted Cyber Intrusion Detection and Mitigation Strategies.
Organizations observing any suspected malicious activity should follow their established internal procedures and report their findings to CISA for tracking and correlation against other incidents.
No known public exploits specifically target this vulnerability.